What is included in a battery replacement?
Complete Battery Service for Watches
Here at Masterpiece Watch Repair our master watchmakers can replace defective or dead batteries ,this service should be done before the battery goes dead. Any dead battery can leak while the watch is not in use and can destroy your watch.
What type of Battery Services are available?
Battery Replacement Services:
- Battery only (no pressure test)
- or, a Battery and Water Resistance Test
- If you want a fuller service: a Battery, Water Resistance Test, and Cleaning of Case
- Our best service available: a Battery, Water Resistance Test and Refinishing Case.
Why should I do a pressure test?
As a watch ages, the aging seals (gaskets) become less reliable. They are usually some type of rubber or plastic that becomes brittle with age. These seals are vulnerable and the watchmaker must replace them and test them in order for the watch to be protected as it was when new. When a watch leaks the damage will begin immediately and progress until the watch is dried out. Water resistance testing assures the seal is intact and water will not feasibly enter a watch. Some watches may REQUIRE a water resistant test. If would like to learn more about water damage and how to prevent it, please head here.
Why should I come to Masterpiece Watch repair for my battery services?
- You save time
- drop off & pickup later
- Same day
- if left before 3:00 pm
- Expert Testing
- done right, and with the right tools
- While were at it we can also offer:
- Clean and Polishing
- Water testing (may be required)